Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Nail Art Escapade No.1

Guess what? haha. I am so inspired by Pretty Beautiful's pretty and beautiful DIY Nail Art, that I made an attempt on DIY nail-art as well!

I believe a lot of you might have stumbled upon her beautiful nail art already. But do check it out, if you haven't already done so. She has really nice reads on other beautiful things too. =)

Here's mine: (Caution! I have ugly fingers and toes.)

The Sweet Snow Cake nails. Done with Rainbow White, O2 Skin Pink, and Revlon Cherry Rush.

My SO commended me for this one!! He thinks I did a really good job, and he likes the sweet colours too. Compared to when I only had the pink on, he didn't even notice the pink on my nails. LOL.

But I feel I can definitely improve my techniques. See the pain on my index finger? It's overlapped wrongly. I didn't mean to overlap.

The Simple Flower Red nails.

My SO just likes the Revlon Nail Enamel in Cherry Rush, with or without flowers. haha.

Overall, I am really very happy at my 1st time results. Much easier than I thought DIY nail art would be. And the colour combi that I chose works out well.

I did do a practice for the Sweet Snow Cake one, and I had to wipe of everything the first time. But I soon got the hang of it. Like the length of white to put, how much I should dip for each nail polish, whether I should overlap the colours or not, etc.

Yup, it's pretty easy. Actually, you just pain whatever you see in those pictures, and try to find the right tools to pain them.

Here is what I used: (Nothing fancy. No branded nail polish and all.)

From Left to Right: Rainbow, O2 Skin, Revlon Cherry Rush, Clatty, O2 Skin Base Coat, O2 Skin Top Coat.

I also used the round ends of toothpicks to dot the dot. Dirt cheap, and it works. Change a new stick about every 4-5 nails. As the dots will get bigger and bigger, then not nice.

I will review the Rainbow White Nail Polish. I actually bought it because there were many recommendations that does the job well, and is only $2.

O2 Skin nail polishes are really cheap and good. I have two shades of pink, and this is one of them.

Clatty is a $3.90 brand from Venus. I think some of you who frequent Venus might have seen it. It's no good. So don't buy. (Which explains why I am only using it for the dots.)

Revlon Nail Enamel is the ultra good one. =))) It's my 2nd time using it, though I have bought it for quite some time. It's the colour that is on my toe nails. And the good news it, I did this nail art 3 weeks ago, and my toe nail colour is still fully on!!

Revlon Nail Enamel in another colour has been reviewed by My Women Stuff too:
Revlon Red Hot Tamale for the Sexiest Toes Ever!

Yep, hope my noob attempt at nail art may inspire other girls to try DIY too! I am sure you all know it saves quite a sum of money. Plus, I had a good time relaxing myself, and having fun Me-Time while I was doing that.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Joey said...

I DIY my own manicure and pedicure too, save a lots and i can change the colour anytime i wish

Thursday, October 22, 2009 at 12:00:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home