Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Himalaya Herbals Acne-n-Pimple Cream

I found a new pimple cream that is mild but works for me!

This time, this cream is the winner of Cleo Beauty Awards 2009 and absolutely natural. I am currently trying to take baby steps to go as natural as I can when it comes to skincare. And this time, I have found something that is pretty cheap, and pretty good.

Himalaya Herbals Acne-n-Pimple Cream

Available: Watsons, Guardian, $10+

Volume: 30g

Star Properties: Silk Cotton Tree, with its astringent and cooling properties, controls acne and pimples and prevents future breakouts. Five-leaved Chaste Tree reduces skin inflammation. Aloe vera heals and softens the skin.

Note: Himalaya Herbals promises on its label that it is 100% plant active ingredients.

Himalaya Herbals Acne-n-Pimple Cream, picture courtesy of Himalaya Herbals website.

Do take a look at the website, here, cos I found it quite useful, with the amount of ingredients stated and all.

Packaging
It comes in this cute, short and fat, little tube. haha. Very adorable, compared to ACNES Sealing Jel, which is long and normal geometry, like mosquito itch cream. The Himalaya Herbals tube is made to stand on your vanity table, rather than lie down.

Texture
Okay. I don't really care that much about the viscosity of pimple creams, as it doesn't matters, since I am supposed to dot it anyway, not spread it all over the face.

Colour
I like the way this cream comes in beige colour, so it acts like a medicated concealer. I have been looking for a good medicated concealer for ages. So why not the other way round, look for a concealing pimple cream instead! hahaha.

Although the price of this cream is still more expensive than ACNES, as both have 20% student discount, I think this concealing point is quite worth paying for.

Effectiveness
I was very surprised to feel the tingling sensation on my acnes/pimples, right after application, since the ingredients of this looks so mild. And as I hoped, I woke up the next morning with pimples gone. =) Not all gone-gone-gone, but gone such that my skin is smoother. So I am satisfied. Like I said, if my pimple really was gone-gone type of gone, then I am applying poison, not pimple cream.

I need to be very responsible to my readers... So here's the down side:

My SO thinks this cream totally no use on his pimples at all even after applying quite a lot for one week. His are those volcanic type, and erupted volcano some more. Really can see a pea size thing on the face.

So it might not work for you too, if yours is pea-sized erupted volcano.

I love it: 4.5 hearts.

Yes, I am not going to give this full marks, much as I prefer this to ACNES, if I can shell out the extra few dollars. Cos my SO says it doesn't works on him, but ACNES does.

So now, I am going to exchange my tube with his Himalaya Herbals. lol.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home