Monday, September 14, 2009

FOTD September 11, 2009

I tried my second attempt at FOTD last Friday. This time, I tried to be bolder with experimenting eyeshadow colours. And I basically used two colours, green and black, which I thought would turn out hideous. But ended up, I am quite satisfied with the combination. =)))

I think smokey eyes base is so versatile, as I can fit the silvery greyish black with so many different colours. I really don't think smokey eyes is limited to dark purple, which many claim. I have tried dark olive green this time, and I think next time I going to do red or pink, or perhaps blue. I am also thinking of using lighter shades like lemon green or sky blue, instead of the dark shade, that will tend to fit in more with smokey eyes.

haha, though I am a total newbie to makeup, I think I am having quite a lot of fun with it right now. And my learning curve is still at the steep part of the sigmoid curve. Long, long way to go. (I love logging on to forums and YouTube to learn more about makeup.)

Here goes my pictures:
(Please pardon me for the amateur skills. Thanks for your tolerance. =))

Face with eyes open.

Face with eyes closed.

This is what I had on:
(not very different from my 1st FOTD.)
- The FaceShop BB Cream
- Maybelline Gel Liner in Black
- SilkyGirl Eyeshadow Duo in Smokey Eyes
- IN2IT Green Eyeshadow Palette, darkest shade in Olive Green for the inner part of eyes, and lightest shade in Cream Gold for corner of eyes.
- Maybelline Intense XXL Mascara
- Rhomlon Eyebrow Pencil in Black (This time I decided to draw my eyebrows. haha.)
- SilkyGirl Duo Shimmer Blusher
- Mentholatum Lip Pure Lip Balm
- Make Up Store Lipstick

By the way, I think not many people would take notice of IN2IT eyeshadow palette or Rhomlon eyebrow pencil, because it is much cheaper than brands like L'oreal and Maybelline. But to be honest, they are good!

The blue IN2IT eyeshadow palette is not really nice. The blues are really weird. But I like the green palette a lot. The shades are nice, and the colour stays. Comparatively, SilkyGirl eyeshadow falls off much faster, and is normally gone within 2 hours.

Moreover, for eyebrow pencil, it's just an eyebrow pencil! Unlike lipstick or blusher, you can't feel it, and your skin at the eyebrow will hardly ever be sensitive to any ingredients etc, etc. Therefore, I find it incredibly hard to justify something like a Shu Uemura eyebrow pencil.

PS: I just modified this look with a brighter shade of green, and using pink base today! It's very nice, IMO! I will do the modified version, and post it next week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home