Monday, August 31, 2009

Bio-essence Tanaka White

Once again, I have to thank Cleo for the Bio-essence Tanaka White samples. =)))

The promotion pamphlet.

My samples. Which all can last at least 7 days.

Bio-essence Tanaka White Rejuvenating Whitening Day Cream
Available: Watsons, Guardian, NTUC

Volume:


Star Properties:
Contains Tanaka, to whiten and cools skin, prevent evaporation of moisture, provide coverage to even out skin tone, lighten pigmentation, and prevent future melanin.


The description and ingredients list on back of sample sachet.

Packaging
Since I got the sample in a sachet, there is not much I can comment about the packaging. Except that from what I see on the shelves, it comes in a tub. Which I don't really like, as I find it slightly unhygienic to be dipping my nails into the cream over and over again.

Of course I do wash my hands before using, as skincare regime is always after bath. And I do cut my nails very short and very regularly. But I still can't help feeling guilty of polluting my cream.

The Cream
It is a very pretty beige pink colour, which I like.

The texture is quite light, and easy to spread. But I can feel that it is not the very water-based kind, e.g. Garnier Aqua Defense texture. This is not a problem to me.

The smell is kind of strange, yet pleasant. I suppose, it's the smell of Tanaka. As usual, I like fragrances, so again, no problems with it.
Note: Thanakha, also known as Tanaka, is a traditional whitening secret used by all women in Myanmar for 2000 years. The Tanaka tree bark extract has deep nourishing, hydrating and cooling properties, and is a tried and tested formula used to maintain skin fairness even under the hot sun, blocking out harmful UV rays and external pollutants. (Information copied from Tanaka White pamphlet that comes with the sample.)
Effect
I feel that after 7 days of use, I do not exactly see whitening effect. (Honestly, I've already given up hope that I can recover the fair skin I had before I learned swimming.)

But I always have the strong feeling that my skin is indeed a lot, a lot softer. I really like to tap tap my face because it feels so nice! lol. Very springy, and smooth. I guess Bio-essence is right by saying Tanaka has deep nourishing properties.

Sensitive Skin
Unfortunately, even after some 3 days of use, I still always feel the slight itchiness every time I apply this day cream. I must be sensitive to something in the ingredient, which puts me off this day cream.

I love it: 4 hearts.

Deducted marks for the skin irritation. But I highly recommend people with non-sensitive skin to try this for the long term.

Bio-essence Tanaka White Skin White Perfecting Lotion SPF15

Available:
Watsons, Guardian, NTUC

Volume:


Star Properties:
Uses bio-engineering techniques to blend Tanaka bark extract, Bio Mineral Essence, and Bio Energy Fluid with other precious herbs extracts to moisturize and nourish skin.


The description and ingredients list on back of sample sachet.

Packaging
This comes in a pump bottle, so it's much more convenient and hygienic for use.

The Cream
It's white. Perfecting or not, I have no idea, as I did not see the effect. I suppose it can be used for a makeup base. But I do not usually put makeup, so I am not sure if it feels pores or anything. It is also very easy to spread.

Effect
But one thing is for sure. It instantly whitens my face by giving it a white coating. I could see the difference between my face and neck every time I apply it. So if you want to look fairer, you could apply this all the way down to the collar bone area.

The white colour really lasts throughout the day. When I was washing my face, I could see the whitish water, something like when we emulsify cleansing oils, that kind of look.

Anyway, it contains SPF, so I was careful to give my self 1.25ml/one-quarter teaspoon of this Perfecting Lotion. And I use makeup remover to cleanse first before my usual cleanser.

Sensitive Skin
Same as the day cream, this cream irritates my skin slightly.

I love it: 4 hearts.

Bio-essence Tanaka White Renewal Night Cream

Available: Watsons, Guardian, NTUC

Volume:


Star Properties:
Contains Tanaka and ginseng extracts, combined with Bio Mineral Essence and Bio Energy Fluid. Brightens and firms skin while you sleep, leaving you with fairer, radiant and blemish-free complexion (<-- I swear by this).

The description and ingredients list on back of sample sachet.

Packaging
Comes in a tub like the day cream.

The Cream
It is more like a curd, rather than cream, unlike the day cream and perfecting lotion. Thus the texture is slightly thicker, and a bit more difficult to spread. But it is still a pass for me.

Effect
I cannot fully describe how much I love, love, love this night cream with words alone! Try to imagine all your pimples gone in one night (or perhaps a few), your milia seeds reduced, and fine undereye lines also visibly reduced. Imagine how over the moon you will be, that's how I feel about this miracle night cream!

Before I tried this, I used both the charcoal face wash and charcoal mask from Daiso that I talked about in my previous post. As most of you would know, charcoal is very drying, that's why it is especially suited for males who generally have oilier and thicker skin than females.

But I was silly enough to use both the face wash and mask at the same time, knowing full well that I already have dehydrated sensitive skin.

So my face got so dry that it started producing so much oil that night. And boo hoo hoo, I got a breakout the next day. =((( Possibly coupled with my period, the breakout was quite bad. I had pimples all over my cheeks, some fighting to pop out on my forehead, nose and chin.

I am so grateful that Tanaka White saved my day!

Those pimple with pus about to ooze out were soothen, and went down in just 1 night!!! And the next night, they flattened out. And now, they disappear. Including the scar or any black dots. I had a blackhead stucked inside my cheek for a few weeks. And that too disappeared. My milia seeds were so greatly reduced. (I have quite a bad case of milia seeds, due to misuse of my previous eye cream.) My fine line, oh, my fine lines also reduced. To think I have long given up hope of ever, ever finding anything to combat fine lines...

Sensitive Skin
And the best part? The Renewal Night Cream does not irritates my skin at all. SO HAPPY.

This is so going into my Holy Grail after I finish up my current moisturizer.

I love it: 5 hearts.

Watsons is having 20% all many products, such as L'oreal, Maybelline and SilkyGirl cosmetics. Sally Hansen nail products. And it includes Bio-essence items, and Tanaka White range. The Renewal Night Cream only costs $19.95 after discount.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home