Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mentholatum Acnes Medicated Sealing Jell

Finally have time to blog about Acnes Sealing Jell.

Acnes is a new brand on the market made by Mentholatum, for teens. My SO bought it as both our pimple cream had run out. And I am happy to announce that it is so far so good for us!
Mentholatum Acnes Medicated Sealing Jell

Available: Watsons $8.90 (with Student Card, discount 20% now), Guardian, NTUC

Volume:
18g

Star Properties:
Contains Vitamin E and B6 to prevent dry and rough skin.


The box front and ingredients list.

Description on box: > Contains Triclosan to penetrate the pores and prevent formation of acne bacteria > Soothes discomfort of acne prone skin > Keeps oil secretion under control and helps remove excessive sebum > Contains sulfur which helps unblock pores and promotes healing - Oil-free and mild formulation - Mild and pleasant fragrance

Box back, with description of the jell properties.

Packaging
It comes in a normal cream tube shape, like how you would get your mosquito bite creams or burn creams. But unlike those normal tubes, Acnes tube is made of plastic, not aluminium. This means that it can't be bent until it breaks. So we girls can keep it safely in our handbags without it going out of shape or tearing apart! (Those of you who have experience Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Hand Cream would be familiar with the aluminium tube tearing accidents.)

The tube with the cute Mentholatum logo there. Reminds me of Smith's Rosebud Salve logo.

Texture
It is good. Easy to absorb, easy to spread.

What I do, is squeeze out a green bean size amount, then use the forefinger of my other hand to touch/dab a teeny weeny bit, then pat it repeatedly on the pimple ONLY, until it is roughly absorbed.

Fragrance
None that I can smell. Only a very, very slight tinge when I brought the cream very close to my nose. LOL. Yes, I was checking for smell, as there really is none normally. And no, I was unhygienic enough to bring the tube to my nose. I squeezed out a pea size to try.

Feel on Face
Slightly cooling. Which I like.

Effect
Very good. Both my SO and I could see our bumps going down, and redness soothed, plus after a few days, the pimple will be gone.

Price
Cheap and good. Many pimple killers are priced at $30-$40.
Note: This is definitely no instant miracle cream. It takes time to heal.

Side note: If you are looking for one day drop off creams, I think things like Oxy10 or Clearasil would work better because they contain benzoyl peroxide. Creams like this dries your pimple off to bits, and so making it fall off.

But the thing to be concerned about is that potent creams are in a sense poison. And for people like me, I can't afford to poison my skin cells. I have used both Oxy10 and Clearasil before, and all I can say is that, I am allergic to them. And more and more pimples pop out eventually.

So I'd rather get something like Acnes, which encourages healing rather than drying, so that I can nurse back my pimples, not kill them. Killing and plucking out should be done when you are doing deep cleansing/clarifying, or during facial.
Anyway,
I love it: 5 hearts.

Another Holy Grail product for me. =)))

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home