Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Colour

Previously, I only experimented with $2.90 to $3.90 range nail polish bought from places like HDB marketplace, private limited beauty stores like Venus, or The Face Shop, Missha etc. However, I find that nail polish is another beauty product whose quality really only comes with price.

So although I try my best to keep the recommendations in my blog to low budget items, I have to make another exception for the Sally Hansen nail polish. I assure you that you will find this exception worth every cent you spend on it.

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip Nail Colour

Available:
Watsons U.P$13.90 Now $9.90 Member Now $8.90, Guardian, and other big stores


Volume:
13.3ml
Star Properties: Exclusive micro-diamond formula guarantees a brilliant, multi-faceted shine!

Description:
  • Diamond Strength: Instantly bonds with nails to provide a shatterproof, diamond hard protective coating that virtually ends splitting, cracking and peeling.
  • Diamond Shine: Light-refractive diamond particles go beyond ordinary lacquer to produce a multi-dimensional faceted shine.
  • Diamond Wear: Long-lasting color is chip-resistant, fade-resistant and waterproof.
  • Available in 36 shiny shades.
My bottle of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength

I decided to get a bit wild, and try a brighter colour, so I chose Precious Peach.

When I first took out the brush, I actually thought that the colour would be too sheer to look like what is in the bottle, as the concoction is really, really thin, that it drips down a 3 drops if you just hold it at the mouth of the bottle. However, I was so wrong.

Since I always press my nail polish brush to the side of the bottle once before painting, I needed to use two coats, but this does brings out the exact same colour as that in the bottle.

It dries up very fast, but thought slow enough for me to apply and mix the two coats well so that I get an even coat. There is no difficulty in spreading either, as can be deduced from how thin the liquid is.

The best thing is, that it really shines like diamond naturally. This is the first time I don't feel like putting a top coat on my nail colour, as I always do base coat and top coat, to protect the colour from chipping, and also to add shine.

Because this dries fast, very much unlike those $2.90 nail polishes, I no longer have to use the hairdryer or my mouth to blow, and worry about leaving fingerprints or mattress prints on the nail polish anymore! (Yes, some really lousy nail polishes do not fully dry by bedtime, and by sleeping with the sticky coat of paint, fine lines are often left on my nails. I also can only paint the top coat the following day, otherwise, it will mix with the nail colour.)

Honestly, I do feel like throwing away all those bottles I bought previously. I feel that they cannot be used at all, cos they are too horrible. Of course I feel the pain, so I still leave those colours on my shelf.

So I think, yes, it is worth it to eliminate all the above problems, by saving up and not buy 3 bottles of cheap nail polish, but invest in just 1 good bottle of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength.

Anyway, just want to add that I picked Sally Hansen, because I have always been attracted by the Doctor-like professional impression that their display shelf gave me. So now that Watsons is offering at $4 less, and the latest, $5 less at $8.90, this is my chance to get it.

If you can afford, then it is good to stock up on the colours during the discount. Although I think 13.3ml can last me a lifetime since I only change the coat after 2 weeks.

I love it: 5 hearts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home