Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Lip Balm Ranking

I actually did a shortlist and rough ranking for lip balms the other day, as I figured that I really do need a working lip balm to base those drying lip glosses and lipstick on. I have been abstaining from lipsticks, and tolerating lip glosses for so long due to the lack of good lip balm, and laziness to find one.

I really love Viva Woman for being such a sweet lip balm fanatic, because she has all the reviews I need. So here is the shortlist that I made from her reviews, ranked from best to good (I have eliminated all those that Viva Woman failed), are:



1. My Lip Stuff lip balm
They won it because of the all natural ingredients (with no SPF), and extremely cheap price of only US$2.17 if you buy it in a pack of 6. However, you have to pay for the shipping, which I think is compensated by the fact that they have over 400 yummy and exotic flavours for you to try. I really like the variety. Read Viva Woman's review here.

2. Yes To Carrots See Me Smile Lip Butter
One of the cheapest, at just $5.90 from Watsons, this is real, real steal for something organic. Read Viva Woman's review here. I rank this second because of the price.

3. Eco Lips Organic Lip Balm with SPF 15
This one has 87% organic ingredients, and with SPF (which accounts for the lower percentage of organic ingredients) , it is a good pick at $8.90 from Watsons. This should be ranked No. 1, if you are into organic skin care, and looking for SPF. I rank this third because of the slightly higher price, since I am not looking for SPF. Read Viva Woman's review here.

4. Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm
Not as many flavours, but this is the reigning champion across the world. It is 99.6% natural according to Viva Woman. And the big plus is that Burt's Bees has arrived on the shores of Singapore, together with Sephora@Ion Orchard. At $10 from Sephora, and only S$6 (+$0.50 shipping fee to SG) from whoopeekiddies.com, you are getting something really proven to be value for money. Read Viva Woman's review here.

5. Smith's Rosebud Salve - Brambleberry Rose Lip Balm
At $14, it is a tad expensive. Moreover, it contains petrolatum, though a strong emollient, it is said to be toxic to our bodies in the long run. Furthermore, lip balms are normally swallowed. However, this is one of the oldest lip balm around, highly raved about, and with the vintage packaging, I really feel like owning it too. Read Viva Woman's review here.

6. Nivea Essential
One of cheapest that can be found in Watsons, at $4.10 per tube, it is worth a buy if you are extremely tight on budget. Nivea lip balm has garnered enough raves from forum reviewers to give it a place on this list of mine. However, after looking at the list of ingredients, I really find it too unnatural that I didn't want to try it.

To be really practical, I will go for Yes To Carrots, and save Burt's Bees and Smith's Rosebud Salve for the the wishlist.

There, I have compiled all the 5 hearts reviews by Viva Woman, added in Nivea on my own and did my own wishlist. =))) When my current runs out, it has got be YES to Carrots.

Credits to the respective websites for the pictures too. You may click on the item name to go to the website.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home