Friday, October 23, 2009

DeCosmet Gentle Cleansing Gel

I think I have doing my dear old cleansing gel a great disservice by procrastinating a post on it for this long. The main reason being, my cleansing gel can't be bought easily off shelves, so I feel a post on it wouldn't help others much... ...

But over the years, quite a handful of people have asked me, that if I can't use off-the-shelves/counter brands cleanser, what am I using???

haha. And my usual answer would be, "oh, it's just a some Swiss brand."

I think this answers satisfies their curiosity, because the name Swiss seems to say something good. Think in the direction of Swiss alps, good water, makes sense for a skincare company to go there right? haha.

So finally, this is dedicated to the First Non-irritating Cleanser in my life, which I have been sticking to for 3 years.

DeCosmet Gentle Cleansing Gel

Available: Probably through me. I will contact my beautician, she will contact her supplier, and the supplier will pass back the product, then I can mail you or something. $42 iirc.

Volume: 135ml

Star Properties: pH balanced. Extremely little ingredients. Planty-based. Contains beads of cleansing agents.

Decosmet Gentle Cleansing Gel. Picture courtesy of decosmet.com

Packaging
Good: Transparent. Pump bottle.

No good: Heavy (bad for travelling, but I still bring the whole bottle anyway. lol.). The plastic cap is lose after long term usage, and it cracks easily.

Fragrance
Really nice mild smell! Love it so much. Non-offensive, or over-powering at all. There is no stated added fragrance. =))

Ingredients
Really very little. Till now, I can't find a cleanser that has as little ingredients as this, yet feels so nice, cleanses well, and does not irritates my skin.

Everytime I hear "for sensitive skin", I check the ingredients, and it just turns me off. Either the list is too long, or the chemical content is too high. Brands like Simple, are actually not simple at all.

Ingredients list:
Aqua, Copaiba Balsam, Glycerin, Orchid Fruit extract, Saccharide Isomerate, Green Spheres, Propylene Glycol, Photo-Reflecting Agent.


pH balanced
Honestly, I am not sure if this factor is really so important. But since this cleanser is working well for me, I guess it plays a part.

Form
Gel form. Pardon me, cos I can never understand why people say that gel form is drying. This cleanser never leaves my skin taut.

This is also water based, so it's really light, spreads well with good coverage, and suitable for sensitive skin.

Pump Amount
Actually, if you press down the entire pump, it's a lot. Too much for my face, imo. I have to control the pump and press about a black bean size/two red beans. Yup, just so little is enough. Strange right. If you really find it not enough, just use 3 red beans size, no need the whole pump.

Doing it this way, the bottle actually lasts me 8-9months. Amazing right.

The gel hasn't spoiled. Cos there is no smell or change in colour, and it works just as effectively. I don't breakout from it as well. So I don't think it will spoil.

I think it's because the planty ingredients are just extracts, not exactly natural or anything. But I am not particular about this. My main concern is that it works, and don't irritate me. As it is way to difficult for me to find something that can go on my skin (I can't be fussy).

After Feel
Very good. Never taut. My skin feels smooth enough. But not as softening as some products I've used, like masks...

I like it: 5 hearts

I don't think I will ever find another product like that - with little ingredients, yet higher amount of non-chemical ingredients, and at quite an okay price for the 9 months that it lasts.

Note: A forumer told me that there is a brand called Isoderm, which is also pH balanced, and for sensitive skin, and at around half the price of mine. Just fyi for those other people with sensitive skin, you might like to check out Isoderm too.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger sesame said...

Looks interesting! Wow, 8 - 9 months is very long and for $42, that's really value for money. The one I'm using is also gel, foaming type but it cost more and last me about 4.5 months only.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 5:34:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Meng Xue said...

Haiz. Actually, one thing I didn't mention in the post is that they changed the ingredients of this (to the current one I posted), after the company changed hands.

The current bottle that I am finishing, doesn't have those chemicals like Glycerin and Propylene Glycol at all.

I hope the new bottle will feel the same and work as well. =)

PS: Try the MF Cleanser first. hahaha. Still haven't receive it though.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 at 12:06:00 AM GMT+8  
Blogger --NiTe-- said...

May i ask about the cleanser? Is it suitable for sensitive skin types? =D

Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 5:55:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger HoNgLiN said...

May i ask if the cleanser is suitable for sensitive skin?
Thanks =D

Saturday, October 31, 2009 at 5:57:00 PM GMT+8  
Blogger Meng Xue said...

Hi HongLin and Nite, yes, it definitely is. I have sensitive skin as well. And as posted, I have using it for 3 years. The very first workable cleanser that doesn't breaks my skin out. =)

Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 11:10:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home