Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Itchy Scratchy Scars

Ok, I think I am entitled to post this, because I have been accident prone since young, and also very attractive to mosquitoes - the real life VAMPIRES!!!

The recent days, and weeks, and months TOO, have been scorching. Everyday, I feel like my house is an oven. And I am some delicious meat being baked, waiting to be served in buns. I am sure the whole Singapore is feeling the same way that I do. Even for those fortunate people who have air-con in the house, I am sure you need to go out too, right?

haha, okay, so the point being, mosquitoes are out in armies in the hot weather. And more scars for people with attractive blood like me. I don't know true or not, but I've read before that B+ blood type attracts mosquitoes more than other blood type. That means I am doomed to be mozzy's sweet honey for the rest of my life, and my children too, since Love is B+ as well. Better hope whatever that I read is baseless and rubbish! LOL.

Before anyone starts to point at me for being a complain-prone Singaporean, I better come to the real, real point. That my hands are very itchy, and I've scratched out some ugly scars in the past. But it's not the end of the world, because there is THIS:

止痒膏 Ammeda Shiyoko Ointment, 20g, Made in Japan by Focal Corporation.

It reads "Stops itching, soothes pain". And the indication says: for insect bites, bedbugs, mosquitoes, bees, itching ulcers, measles, headaches, pimples (yes, PiMpLeS), numbness, muscle fatigue, burns or abrasions.

Wow, what a long and really nice list. Looks good for everything.

The best thing is that, if you are diligent enough to apply it every 3-4 hours, the ugly scars like hard, dead skin and keloids will disappear. I have done it on many of my kiddy scars. So, it's tried, tested, and works. =)))

And the other reason why I feel compelled to share this with you, is because it's better than the famous scar serum you can find in pharmacies, namely, Palmer's Vitamin E Scar Serum, which costs a hurting $45.90 (if I don't rememeber wrongly... you can check it out at Guardian's or Unity Healthcare and selected Watsons outlet).

My mozzy cream, which is not widely heard of, can only be found in very few old and traditional medicine halls under HDBs. And it's only a few dollars.

How do I know Palmer's is not as good as it claims???

Of course I've bought and used it.
This is the one:

Palmer’s Scar Serum contains Vitamin E, cocoa seed butter, shark liver oil and onion bulb extract. the serum has a strong odor due to the shark liver, but it’s not unpleasant. It's very thick, so you will only need one drip to cover a mosquito bite.

The problem with it, is that Vitamin E promotes new skin growth. Which makes my keloid keep growing thicker and harder. While the proper way to heal a popping out scar, is to let it dry and peel off naturally. Then apply cream to promote new cell growth so that the colour blends back with the rest of your skin.

yup. But I have read countless reviews that rave about this. I think it's worth the try if you've tried everything else and doesn't works. Even I took the plunge with the money.

So people out there, if you have problems with scars, like me, give it all a try, and all the best! May we all be beautiful people. *hearts* =)))

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home