Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Power Nap

I have been sleeping earlier than my normal routine for this past week, as my special someone looks after me quite strictly. haha. But I like it =PP So in this post, I would like to share what I know about good sleep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firstly, it's the Power Nap!! It's very amazing! Just a short 20 minutes, but you feel energized like never before. I read on Mind Your Body, that a good power nap is better than countless times of tea break, for the average working person. Actually, it's that simple. Just set the alarm, tell your body to wake up 20 minutes later, close your eyes and sleep. Just don't care about your boss and sleep. hahaha.
trust me, it works. I use it on my since O' levels.
Just to share my A' level study routine with those who are interested.
3 weeks.
4 subjects (triple science, maths and GP)
12 chapters per subject.
4 chapters a day for each subject.
1 hour per chapter (45 min to read through the notes, 15 min power nap)
= 3 days each for my 3 sciences, study from 1pm to 5pm
after that is dinner then watch tv.
on tue, wed, thur.
sat sun, i go through GP. I didn't touch math until the morning itself.
the other free time, i do past year paper, revision exercises, especially on chapters i find particularly difficult.
result: 4As, GP B3
It's far far far far away from stellar, but it's good enough to get into a course of my choice in uni.
Such is the power of power nap that you just have to really focus, no computer, no ipod, nothing. and the 45 min per chapter will ensure you can drill into your memory over 80% of stuff.
For me, I feel is 95%++. I remember right to the very word used (which is very important for biology, and keywords for chemistry)

Another study tip: remember notes pictorially, never line by line or word for word. It doesn't works, it's too much for your brain. I "take" photos of each page of the notes, so that I classify information by - it's roughly at the bottom of the page. then i will recall that "photo", scroll down in my mind to the bottom of the page, look at it and copy onto the paper what i see in my memory. The same goes for lectures. I "video record" lectures and tutorials. Link particular particular part of the what is being said to the action the lecturer is doing right then, and you will remember the key points.

haha, i Have side-tracked quite a lot.
back to topic.

I need at least 10 hours of sleep to feel fully revitalised. It's different for different people. Just measure the time you need to sleep until you automatically wake up, and don't feel like lai4 chuang2.
It's very important for beauty purposes. I have been sleeping after 12 since pri sch, so I have dark rings around my eyes. I am trying to reduce it now... please don't learn my bad habit.

All the best, and rest well! =)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home